Dr. Anil Sharma
MS (Bom), FICS, FRCS (Edinburgh)
Senior Consultant-Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
Dr.Anil Sharma has joined Max Healthcare in November 2009. Prior to joining Max Healthcare, he worked as a Consultant in the Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery Centre at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India. Following his training in UK, he had been associated with the department since its inception in 1996.Dr. Sharma has a special interest in the management of Ventral/Incisional Hernias by a minimal access approach. He has several international publications on minimal access surgery and laparoscopic ventral hernia repairs. He holds several important positions like: Secretary General and Founding Member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society(APHS),2004; Examiner-Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for Intercollegiate Membership of Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS); Overseas Clinical Tutor-Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Executive Council Member ï¿½ Indian Chapter of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Joint Editor – Indian Journal of Surgery (IJS) and Accredited Faculty for National Board of Examinations (India) for the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery.
Dr. Sharma has co-authored a text book on ï¿½Endoscopic Repair of Abdominal Wall Herniasï¿½ and has produced a set of 15 educational CD-ROMs in ï¿½Minimal Access Surgery ï¿½ Basic & Advanced Proceduresï¿½released by His Excellency Shri K R Narayanan, the President of India on July 15, 2002. Dr. Sharma played an active role in compiling, streamlining and editing scientific content of the manual titled ï¿½Minimal Access Surgery ï¿½ Guidelines & Recommendationsï¿½ endorsed by Ministry of Health, Medical Council of India, National Board of Examinations, Indian Medical Association and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons.
You may write to him at:
Memberships and Affiliations
- Secretary General & Founder member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Executive Council Member, Indian Chapter of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh (RCS, Ed.)
- Life member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Life member of Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Member FAIS Committee Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) 2004
- Member of British Surgical Stapling Group (BSSG), 1991-1993.