Dr. Pradeep Chowbey, being the gifted visionary that he is, was able to identify the menace of obesity quite early and took several initiatives to counter the threats posed by obesity. He took various medical and social initiatives to fight against the rising problem of obesity and also to spread awareness among people and inform them about serious health issues caused due to obesity.
- Enlighten: A support group for diabetic and obese patient initiated in coordination with Delhi Daredevil Team.
- Dr. Chowbey started the Obesity Support and Education Group of India � a first of its kind of an NGO, in order to create awareness about Obesity
- Metabolic & Obesity (MOS) Guidelines, India (consensus recommendation and guidelines in relation to overweight, obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and risk associated with these conditions for Indians). A Summit organized by Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery Centre, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in association with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India; Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), All India Association for Advancing Research in Obesity (AIAARO) and Diabetes Foundation of India (DFI) at New Delhi on 15 & 16 November 2008.
- Dr. Chowbey established the Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery Centre, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 1996, which became the first of its kind in the Asian subcontinent under his Chairmanship.
- Founder Member, Asia Pacific Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery Group
- He has conducted and actively participated in more than 700 national and international workshops on basic, advanced & bariatric Laparoscopic procedures.